Safety and wellness measures including
• Wellness checks for staff
• Frequent hand hygiene
• Enhanced cleaning procedures
• Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices
• Curricular and facility adjustments
• Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications
. • Please see below for the specific way EDS is applying these guidelines for theFall Classes.
Wellness Checks for Staff
Elite Dance Studio is a Youth Protection Advocates in Dance® Certified Studio. Additionally, all teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19.
• All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
• Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
• Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
Employees will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of all entrances, outside of every classroom, and inside the classrooms. Students will be encouraged to wash hands and/or sanitize before and after classes
. • Hand washing posters are posted within bathrooms and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
• We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling.
We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected, to maintain social distancing always.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
• The lobby waiting area will be closed while students are in session. There will be office hours when students are not in the studio that will be listed on website.
• Please bring clearly labeled water bottles.
• Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Bathrooms will be available for toileting only, but not for changing clothes.
• No food will be allowed in the studio.
• Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and handholding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom.
• Class sizes have been modified to reflect current county recommendations. (Our team sizes fit the requirements)
• Classrooms will refrain from high fives, “ballerina hugs”, fist bumps, stickers, and stamps.
• Classrooms will have staggered dismissal (3-5 minutes) to allow for student transitions. Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication.
• Please visit our website and Elite Dance Studio team and Community Facebook page beginning July 6th where you will find a stop and go light icon that clearly indicates the status of classes: Green indicates it is safe to attend, face-to-face classes. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service in classes, and Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
Arrival & Departure
• We will have staggered times between classes for arrival and departures. Currently, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with social distancing in the building. Parents of little dancers under age 6 can wait inside if necessary, for child comfort.
. • Please limit parent drop off to one person whenever possible. Sibling visitors cannot be accommodated during this term.
• Parents will be asked to wait outside for kids to be released. At the end of class, parents must be by the door to receive their child. Students cannot walk across the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons.
• We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class
. • Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned frequently
• Our employees will be wearing masks with some medical exceptions.
• Mask wearing for students is and parents is at personal/parental discretion.